Saturday 22 August 2015

10 things I can't live without!!

Not in any particular order but all equally important in their own way!!!! 

1. My phone
It's like an extension of my arm, anyone that knows me knows that my phone is never far from my side! I love catching up on social media, checking out the latest news and gossip on the Daily Mail or just browsing Pinterest for inspiration!! I recently upgraded from an iPhone4 which I'd had for about 3 years, to the iPhone 6 and I LOVE it! I am a loyal Apple Fan, I have all the gadgets, Apple TV, iPad, iPod, iPhone, (dreaming of getting an iMac!!) I can't really find fault with them, I think I'm just used to the layout and software and love having all my devices synced. The iPhone 6 is amazing, I can't believe I didn't get it sooner, it did take a bit of getting used to as it's much bigger than my previous iPhone 4 but I'm now used to the bigger screen, sleeker design and love the new features esp the fingerprint sensor!!! 


2. Skechers
I can't speak highly enough about these, they really are like walking on clouds! I bought my first pair in the outlets in the U.S. back in 2013 and immediately fell in love with them, I must own about 20 pairs now!!! 🙈 I think I bought about 8 pairs on honeymoon earlier this year alone!!! They are quite expensive but they are worth every penny, the first pair I ever bought I still have and they are perfect, even after being thrown in the washing machine countless times!! I have a pair in every colour and will try get away with wearing them as often as I can!!! 


3. Garnier Micellar 
I only discovered this about 2 months ago but am already a major fan! It feels just like water on the skin and removes makeup effortlessly. My eyes are quite sensitive even with special eye makeup remover they would sting but this is amazing, it removes my eye makeup perfectly with no redness or stinging!! A little goes along way so you really get value out of it. I find it great for just freshening up my skin during the day if my skin is feeling a little oily or sweaty without being too harsh on the skin! 

4. Maybelline - The Eraser
I don't usually wear much makeup if any during the week but I find this little product great, it's brilliant at concealing dark circles and blemishes on the skin without feeling too heavy either. I love that it also applies directly onto the skin by twisting it and the product then comes out through the sponge at the top so that it can be put directly onto the skin like a pen. I usually just use this with some blusher and bronzer on top to give my face a bit of colour!! This is also great for contouring when used in lighter and darker shades! 


5. Nivea - A Kiss of Care & Color
*Unfortunately this isn't available in Ireland.
I got this when in the U.S. earlier in the year and absolutely love it, as I said I don't wear much make up during the week but find this great to use as a lip balm while adding a pop of colour. I've since got my sis-in-law to pick me up some more when she was in America to keep me stocked up for a while!! These are my two favourite colors!! 


6. Cocoa Brown Tan 
My Fave Tan Ever!!!! 
I absolutely love this stuff, I've used various tans in my time but since I first tried this I've fallen in love with it and haven't used any other tan since. It suits my skin perfectly and creates a beautiful colour that can be gradually built up over time. I usually put it on at night and wash it off the next morning, I find just applying it once gives my skin a nice healthy glow without being too dark as I have quite pale skin. I find it gradually wears off too so no horrible patchy tanned skin!! 
By far my fave tan! 👍🏻

7. My Slow Cooker 
This is literally the best thing ever! I got this 5L Morphy Richards one about a year ago and can honestly say it's one of the best purchases I've made, it's so convenient and easy to use, I usually prepare all my meat and veg at the weekend for the week ahead and put it in ziploc bags, then during the week I come home at lunch and pop the meat and veg into the slow cooker with some seasoning and hey presto dinners ready when I come in the door from work! 
Apart from the convenience of it, the tenderness of the meat and flavor of the food is amazing, it can't be compared to anything cooked in a pot!! 
(Slow cooker Roast Beef is a definite must try!!!) 

8. My Kitchenaid  
Ok I love my gadgets and this is probably the most extravagant one I have!!! 
I've ALWAYS wanted a Kitchenaid (maybe from watching one too many American cookery shows and seeing them in all their beautifully colored glory!!!!!) so after stretching my Aldi hand mixer to its limit I decided to splash out and buy myself a Kitchenaid!! As I began baking more, it turned out to be a valued gadget in my kitchen, it's super convenient, having spent many a time standing over bowls whisking with my hand mixer, this with all its fancy yet practical gadgets (large metal bowl, dough hook, ballon whisk, paddle mixer & splatter guard) was a very welcome addition to my kitchen!! I love all the colours they come in and decided to get the red one as this was the colour theme in my kitchen (one day I hope to have my own quirky styled cake kitchen with a cerise pink Kitchenaid!!! 🙏🏼) 
I also splashed out on some additional items for it like the rubber edged paddle mixer, glass bowl and of course the ice cream maker bowl!! This is one of my fave gadgets in my kitchen and also looks great sitting pride of place on the countertop at all times!!! 

9. Lyons Tea 
The great debate, Lyons or Barry's??? 
I'm a Lyons Gold Blend type of girl all the way, always overstocked in my kitchen in fear that one day I may run out!!!!! Although on the rare occasion that I make a pot of tea using loose tea, then I will stray to the other side and use Barry's loose tea leaves!! But apart from that it's gotta be Lyons tea, I am a total tea addict and probably drink about 4 or 5 cups a day (quiet considerably more in the cold winter months!!!) 
I like mine strong, piping hot, drop of milk, no sugar and in my favourite mug (now that's a whole other topic!!!!) 

10. Dark Chocolate 
I have a major sweet tooth, I'm the type of girl who goes out for dinner and looks at the dessert menu first!!!! But I try to eat well 90% of the time and find dark chocolate satisfies my sweet tooth craving!! I would choose a 'Bournville' bar over a 'Dairy Milk' any day or splash out and go for a Lindt high % bar or my fave above the 'Lindt dark Mint intense' which is amazing (I also love to use some in making Chocolate Brownies for that little hint of mint!!!) 
A cup of tea and some dark chocolate while watching the soaps = Bliss 

I hope you enjoyed reading through some of my fave items and why!! 
Im off now to make a cup of tea and have some chocolate!! 

Caoimhe 
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...